Friday, May 14, 2010

This I love about you

They say you love your new baby like nothing before. No one ever mentioned how many things there were to love about a new baby! I feel like I could stare at little Jackson all day long. "Hello my beautiful baby!" is all I can say everyday.



Here's a little list of lovely things about him.

purring as he doses off into unconsciousness
little feet
the victory arm--the arm that shoots straight up into the air
big eyes
shifty, guilt ridden eyes as he poops or tries to
biceps that are furry and look deceptively buff
cheeks that want to be kissed
strong legs that want to stand
soft, soft hair--oohhh, I can't stop caressing it
a pointy little ear fold
his endless struggle to get his hands out of a tight swaddle
smacking lips that say, "I'm hungry....see if you can feed me before I cry :) "
crooked smiles -- coming from gas
kisses in the neck folds
watching dad swing him up and down

5 comments:

  1. He really is so so so so so so so so handsome...can I meet and kiss him soon? You make a great mommy too...love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are blogging! Jackson is ADORABLE! I agree, being a Mother is amazing and there are SO MANY things to love about a baby! I love you Shaunel and I think you will be and already are an amazing mother! kendra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't know if you remember me. I'm Jackson's cousin, Liz, and just wanted to let you know that I think your son is so cute! I just stumbled upon your blog, but if you don't mind I'm going to add you to mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shaunel, it is so fun to hear about your little man. I like thinking of you as a mom, I'm sure you are a wonderful one. You look amazing and your little guy looks so healthy and happy! I remember after having Ruth I was so lost, I didn't know what to do or how to do it. It can be so frustrating; something I forgot before our little guy came too. But you're right, they are such blessings, it's amazing our bodies can create these little wonders. Congratulations and best of luck with everything! Katherine Laws.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reading your post, took me right back to when I had Claire! Amen! Thanks for documenting these sweet and precious moments! And helping me to remember them! I love you girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts. Advice. Comment Love.