Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Big Deal.

Around these parts (1st child/1st grandchild parts) every little milestone seems like such a big deal. Funny how theoretically most of these "milestones" will eventually happen naturally--i.e. being born, rolling over, cutting a tooth, sitting up, crawling, walking, talking, etc. So why is it, as a parent I not only take great pride everytime one of these natural milestones take place, I try and push them along? It could be because Jackson's not exactly sprinting from one to the next, or maybe it's because I'm naively anxious for the day when he can set the table and take out the garbage.

Whatever the reasons, I am as proud as a parent to announce that he can sit down... or I guess sit up. Yes. I know it's a big deal. (How long does it take for horses to start walking?)

We have a friend who said they use to position her kid's fat rolls just right, allowing him to sit up really early on. Our little Buddha is certainly not lacking on the rolls.

But it didn't work for longer than a second... until about a week ago. It's so funny to watch him balance himself out using his stomach muscles--playing the balancing game.


We're not quite to the no spotting zone yet.


But that doesn't stop us from practicing all the time.


If no spotter is available, we try to insure a cushie fall.

I'm not sure he's quite as thrilled with his accomplishments as we are,

but what kid is? Isn't it just natural?

2 comments:

  1. YAY! Sitting up is a big deal! And I love his adorable red hat and matching overalls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I love the idea of positioning his fat rolls strategically. I'll have to remember that.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts. Advice. Comment Love.