Monday, January 27, 2014

Homemade Bangs

 This young lady had a bang problem. As I have often heard people of an older generation comment, "get that hair out of your eyes!"


 I was quite inclined to let that hair just grow out and take it's own course. I hated my bangs growing up--literally the year after I finally grew them out (5th grade to be precise--the last girl in the class to still have bangs) everyone started cutting them again. I was floored, and should have realized this would be a life long pattern in trend following. I swore I would never give my own daughter[s] bangs. But, Allie's looked so annoying and never stayed out of her face. Plus we realized her forehead is huge. SO, we cut the bangs.


[For documentation purposes, this was Saturday the 18th of January.]

I knew I didn't want to risk cutting a straight line across, because of the potential for messing up and I had heard that wasn't the best way to get great bangs.

Hence cutting them as though she were a boy. 



Ya, she's not a boy. TV just doesn't capture her attention like it does her brother.




And boy bangs are different from girl bangs. You can't just keep cutting them shorter and shorter until you like them. Whoops :)

Let's just say Mark and I reviewed a lot of ways to help the next hair cut be a bit more successful:

She certainly took on quite the homely look with the new cut, but her hair is not covering her eyes. And after a week, with a little tousle and a bow, they look great!!
 

Or at least her smile and the fact that she's eating an orange rind make up for all bang imperfections. 



I see a great future of homemade hair cuts ahead.  We'll come back to that statement and see how we're doing in 10 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts. Advice. Comment Love.