Friday, July 6, 2012

Cooling Agents

This whole week I've been trying to imagine being pregnant in the east without A/C. I understand that it was done for thousands of years, and for a good portion of the last century. But my goodness, it must have been an incredible challenge.
We had a nice little storm visit over the weekend. Incredibly, our electricity stayed on, but the majority of the 10 other pregnant women I know right now, were not so lucky. I think everyone became very creative with how to deal with the lack of temperature control. Water--in pools, sprinklers, fountains, where ever--became the theme.

We did recieve this beauty as a gift from the storm.

(The tree branch, not the neighbor's car)

Jackson and I took advantage of utility trucks out our front door and watched the city crews clean it up. Talk about a dream come true for Jackson. He was in love and completely entertained for the whole hour it took to clean it up.




Later in the week, we escaped the heat and went down to Virginia Beach for the first time with another family. Jackson and I were both thrilled by the temperature of the atlantic waters. Water is almost more amazing then AC because it's such an incredible cooling agent, and it's been around since the beginning of the world!

Mark was amazing at helping Jackson make the most of his ocean experience. Those two played for hours in the sand and water.




Love those boys and love me some water!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts. Advice. Comment Love.