Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Toenails and Big Bellies

Can I just say I miss my little iPod Touch. It's just so much lighter and easier to capture Jackson with than our totally awesome massive camera. I guess I can go back to my point and shoot when I don't want to bring the beauty with us. Jackson and I have been on quite a few adventures lately, but I have no documentation of them because I didn't want to carry the camera. Sigh. Such is life. So, we'll stick close to home with our discussion today.

I didn't want to carry the camera because. Du du du du:! I'm 37 weeks preggo, and sensitive to all extra weight. Especially if it's not consumable. With that 37 weeks, I decided it was time to post a belly shot--first official one, and it's blurry because I never remember to have Mark do those types of things when he's home--so the self timer had to work without focusing.

For a reference point, here's Jackson at 38 +
Gosh that car was a beauty!
We are all baby planning around here-the carseat is finally washed and ready to be thrown in when needed, she actually has clothes that are not all blue, and we've got 5 different people who want to help with Jackson.

I officially cannot touch my toes (which is not good since they need to be painted), have a hard time sweeping the floor, and cringe anytime Jackson wants to sit on my lap.

Jackson can still touch his toes, is very affectionate toward "baby sister"--aka my belly--and has no trouble running away at crucial moments during the day. Great fun!

Although he can touch his toes, he's been suffering the random effects of Hand Foot and Mouth disease [HFM] which he acquired on our vacation at the beginning of June. We noticed his right toenail was doing something weird a few weeks ago. I thought he just kept stubbing his toe really hard, or had acquired a fungus (as a result of his distaste in shoes of all kinds). Thankfully, Google held the answer--the sores on the feet from HFM cause the nails to start to come off 6 weeks after they've had the virus! Thankfully his nails should grow back. And thank you Mark, for finding that out BEFORE we went to the dr--since they can't do anything anyway! Gross warning: don't look if you don't like feet.


Hopefully we get that all fixed up. The good news is Jackson asks to get his toenails clipped every day! Definitely a first. In other good news, Mark will be coming to the hospital with me and carrying all our bags--so we will have camera documentation of our upcoming adventure--whether that's this week, next or in 3 weeks!--hopefully not in 4.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry about Jackson running away! Ahh yes, that brings back memories. That was way worse than little ones kicking my big belly- trying to run after little ones with a big belly- oww! That's interesting about hand, foot and mouth disease. When Claire had it, it looked just like chicken pox and was really itchy (and she had the little bumbs on her hand foot and mouth. What Jackson has looks a little different than this. Don't ya think??? I dunno

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts. Advice. Comment Love.